Saturday, March 12, 2011

Caramelized Asparagus


This is a quick little side that only takes 20 minutes! Hello to all my new followers p.s.!!! I’m literally blown away with how many new foodies I get to entertain! Before you know it, I’ll be on the cooking channel with my own show hahaha… First things first though, I need me a nice video camera to start puttin’ myself out on the youtube! Who wants to pay for it? ;D

Ingredients:

• a bushel of asparagus spears, fresh
• a cup or two of water
• half a small onion
• a clove of garlic
• a little butter
• dash of salt
• dash of pepper
• dash of balsamic vinegar
• squeeze of a tangerine

First I caramelize the onions and garlic, cut the hard ends off the asparagus, and throw em in the skillet! I add the balsamic vinegar, or you could use white vinegar, or any other kind you prefer! Even a nice salad dressing would go great as long as it’s oil and water based, not ranch or anything ;D I also cut the tangerine in half, squeeze em and put them cut side open on the skillet.

I cook them covered for about 15 minutes [when you see the juices evaporate, it’s time to add the water!], till they get pretty soft but not completely. And for the last five minutes I take the cover off, turn the heat on high, and char the edges for that super delicious burnt flavor.

Quick, easy, and you can do it with almost any harder vegetable; peppers, zucchini, green beans, ect.

Later food lovers!
Justin Francis Kane
.

3 comments:

  1. Good thing I have some asparagus waiting to be used up in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely done, those asparagus look so very flavorful!
    welcome to foodbuzz!
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm glad for both of you! I can't believe the amount of friend requests and connections I've already made thanks to Foodbuzz! This is crazeh ;P

    You guys are awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete